The document contains updated guidance for Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs), leaders and managers to assist them in exploring a range of approaches to engage with parents and carers in online safety.
The document considers:
- Why do some parents not engage with online safety?
- What are the key messages we should be sharing with parents?
- How do we run an effective online safety presentation for parents?
- How else do we engage parents and carers with online safety?
- Useful links and resources to help educational settings deliver effective sessions for parents and carers
Kent educational settings can consult with Rebecca Avery, Education Safeguarding Adviser (Online Protection) and/or Ashley Assiter, e-Safety Development Officer, regarding online safety.