Following the tragic event in Manchester on Monday the 22nd May 2017, many schools and settings may be wondering how to talk about such issues with children without causing further distress or fear.
There are a number of useful resources and guidance available to help professionals with these discussions:
- How can we talk to children about terror events?
- Helping Children Cope With Terrorism – Tips for Families and Educators
- NSPCC – Supporting children worried about terrorism
- PSHE association – Supporting pupils after a terrorist attack – primary & secondary guidance
- BBC Newsround report
- BBC Newsround – Advice if you’re upset by the news
Many thanks to Kent Educational Psychology Service for sharing some of these links with us.